Birch Hall is named after Hugh Taylor Birch a 1929 alumnus who donated Glen Helen to Antioch College to honor the memory of his daughter. It was designed by Eero Saarinen who also designed the St. Louis Gateway Arch. Birch Hall is considered an outstanding example of the modern Cubist style of post WWII architecture and was completed in 1948.
- Large double rooms
- Wall-to-wall windows
- Built-in closets and dressers with mirror; originally designed for two students
- Built-in desks
- Twin bed
- All rooms newly painted
- Air conditioning individually controlled for comfort
- Wireless Internet
- Shared kitchens on each floor
- Common spaces for student activities
- Garden-level dining room provides easy access for meals
- Laundry facilities on the garden level
- Convenient storage located on the south end of the building.
- Two resident life managers living on site
- Smoke-free environment with no smoking or burning of incense anywhere in the building