Antioch College is searching for a part time weekend operations manager. The weekend manager is responsible for overseeing The Wellness Center when the Director and Assistant Director are not present. They supervise staff from all Wellness Center program areas and assist in the training and evaluation of all staff. The Manager is expected to collaborate with staff (lifeguards, trainers, front-desk attendants, childcare staff, and group exercise instructors) and several other departments on campus. This position will be required to work Friday and Saturday hours.
Listed below is the job description for the position. Deadline for applications is July 25, 2014. Applications will be reviewed immediately and accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume and at least three references to email@example.com. Electronic applications are preferred. If direct mail is required, please send documents to Antioch College, Human Resources, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs OH 45387.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES) OF THE POSITION:
- Supervise day-to-day operations and carry out daily tasks and functions assigned by the Director/Assistant Director; assist the Director/Assistant Director in maintaining the Wellness Center policies and procedures
- Communicate and uphold organizational standards and lead by example; ensure gym facility is maintained clean, safe and orderly
- Ensure that team members consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness and cleanliness; ensure that guests and members are given high quality service and assistance when needed.
- Handle member service matters such as providing tours of the Center, explaining services offered and signing a member up for training agreements and appointments; maintain all paperwork regarding new memberships and report to Director/Assistant Director
- Mediate member issues and complaints in a timely and effective manner; communicate any problem, member concerns or suggestions to the Director/Assistant Director
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Train Wellness Center student staff on current rules and regulations
- Assist the Director/Assistant Director complete current scheduling of student staff
- Manage current Wellness Center equipment inventory (check-out and check-in)
- Assign daily tasks and duties to Wellness Center student staff as needed
- Assist with pool maintenance
- Oversee Wellness Center events during scheduled shifts.
- Ensure that gym equipment is kept clean and in good working condition.
- Promote events and encourage member involvement in facility fitness programs (classes, workshops, etc.)
- Ensures accurate administration of personal training (fitness evaluations, waivers, etc.).
- Arrives on time, prepared and attentive for shifts and appointments.
- Performs various administrative duties within assigned areas as needed.
- Alerts the Facilities staff to repairs and maintenance needs in the Center.
- Complies with operational procedures and follows-up with compliance checks through the monitoring of facility systems and employee performance (i.e. employee reviews, health department evaluations, equipment maintenance checks, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience in community, corporate, commercial, clinical, or University health/fitness facility preferred
- Previous pool management experience preferred
- First Aid and CPR certifications required (if not currently certified Wellness Center will facilitate training opportunities)
- Certification in one or more of these areas preferred:
-Water Safety Instruction
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Experience with supervising staff (including training and conducting performance reviews)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to demonstrate a friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude. Possess a strong customer service focus. Responds professionally to requests and inquiries from guests, members and staff.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions. Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Possesses strong organizational skills. Understands basic record keeping practices and procedures.
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Office applications and the ability to learn proprietary software