Antioch College seeks a well-rounded foodservice professional to join its sustainable dining program.
The Kitchen Assistant’s primary responsibility is assisting the House Chef in providing the highest quality service and great food to our students, faculty, staff and guests. This position requires a diverse skill-set ranging from maintaining a clean and organized dining room, to providing friendly, personal service to our campus community to food preparation, cooking and baking duties. This position requires working weekends and will report to the House Chef.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Friday, July 18, 2014. Electronic applications are preferred. If direct mail is required, please send documents to Antioch College, Human Resources, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs OH 45387. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Performs any combination of following duties to facilitate food service:
- Keeps dining area clean and sanitary before, during and after service
- Assists kitchen during service in monitoring buffet and assisting in replenishment of food and beverage
- May organize and deliver campus catering orders
- May assist with washing and storage of dishes as needed
- Assists in food preparation cooking and baking, which includes providing direct assistance to the House Chef during weekend meal service
- Assist in cleaning and closing kitchen
- May assist in giving direction to student workers
- Other assigned duties deemed appropriate by House Chefs
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to work with immediate supervisors effectively
- Ability to work in harmony with co-workers, students, campus community and our guests
- Attendance at and participation in meetings
- Able to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience: Front-of-house and food preparation experience preferred
- Ability to work weekends is required
- Education: High School or GED
- General: Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful, attitude