Summary of Position: Provide prompt and excellent service to our students, staff and faculty by maintaining a clean and healthy environment in all our campus facilities. Students will learn teamwork and the importance of planning, organizing and executing daily tasks and assignments.
Responsibilities: General housekeeping of facility buildings to include emptying trash and recycling, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning restrooms, vacuuming carpets, etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to operate the necessary equipment to clean and keep buildings in safe and sanitary condition
- Ability to work in a college environment where staff, students, parents and alumni are regularly present
- Ability to work side-by-side with student workers, volunteers and friends of the college
- Able to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Demonstrated ability of respect for individuals and community
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment to learning
- Demonstrated value for community and diversity
- Promote and implement sustainable cleaning practices
- Promote recycling program and monitor recycling streams to insure proper separation of material