Summary of Position: You’ve seen our posters; you’ve read our e-newsletters; and you’ve liked our Facebook statuses. Antioch looks for an Office of Communications student worker with drive and creativity to help us promote Antioch to the greater community. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Communications, the Communications/Social Media student worker assists with a variety of projects relating to the Antioch’s social media goals and initiatives.
This position is a great opportunity for students who want to go into marketing, advertising, social media, public relations, or related fields. The Communications/Social Media student worker will work directly with the Assistant Director on the development of creative content, both visual and written, for a variety of social media projects.
This position will allow the student to develop valuable skills and build his or her portfolio, while branding Antioch College to the greater community and promoting programs and events to students.
- Produce Antioch’s weekly e-newsletter using Constant Contact.
- Develop and produce print collateral and materials to brand Antioch and events, including but not limited to office handouts, event posters and flyers, postcards, etc.
- Maintain the timeliness of content on the Antioch website, including the Community Life event calendar, feed, Antioch news items and event landing pages.
- Design and update monthly print calendar
- Maintain the College’s social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Vine.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to target messaging to different audiences (e.g. students, alumni, employers) in a clear, concise way.
- Well-rounded computer skills, including proficiency with Mac OS X, Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite, web content management systems, and social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, etc. Experience with email marketing tools, HTML, and Twitter a plus.
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced, ever-changing work environment, and work well with students, faculty, and staff.