Summary of Position: The bike shop repair person will be responsible for maintaining and repairing bikes in the student bike shop and overall bike program management.
- Perform maintenance and repair of bike program bicycles.
- Perform preventative maintenance on bikes (brake adjustment, lubrication, painting, etc)
- Stage bikes in bike racks for general community use.
- Maintain bike parts inventory and request new bike parts through facility manager.
- Keep bike repair shop clean and organized
Required Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work in a college environment where staff, students, parents and alumni are regularly present
- Ability to work side-by-side with student workers, volunteers and friends of the college
- Able to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Demonstrated ability of respect for individuals and community
- Demonstrate integrity and commitment to learning
- Demonstrated value for community and diversity Provide assistance with cost efficiencies and utility audits
- Ability to stand or walk frequently
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Climb up onto and down from equipment or ladders
- Able to manipulate small hand tools
- May occasionally work in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Will climb ladders and work off elevated surfaces on an occasional basis
- May occasionally walk on slippery surfaces
- Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud