Antioch College is searching for part time independent contractors to be personal trainers at the Wellness Center.
To apply, candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Human Resources at email@example.com. Direct mail should be sent to: Antioch College, c/o Thomas Brookey, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs, OH 45387. Applications will be reviewed as received and accepted until the position is filled.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Personal Trainer is responsible for building and maintaining a client base, training programs and services, and implement the highest quality of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a personal commitment to meeting the needs of members and guests.
- Demonstrate correct use of all strength and cardiovascular equipment.
- Conduct client interviews and make exercise recommendations based on fitness evaluations as well as members’ needs and goals.
- Assist in development and implementation training programs
- Participate in all staff related meetings
- Be a wellness role model by leading and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times when working with members.
- Dress professionally and according to the current dress code standards.
- Perform a customer service role by assisting members in monitoring their exercise programs, encouraging members to reach their fitness and wellness goals, and handling member concerns and complaints quickly and effectively.
- Actively market and promote personal training to acquire new members and retain existing members.
- Encourage members to take advantage of other Center services and programs.
- Recommend changes for programming and services in line with current market trends.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of human anatomy
- Must be able to manage time effectively.
- Must be able to market personal training and obtain clients.
- Must be able to physically or verbally demonstrate proper usage of equipment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently
- Possess energy and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
- Ability to positively interact with the general public.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current nationally recognized personal training certification
- First Aid and CPR certifications required (if not currently certified Wellness Center will facilitate training opportunities)