Antioch College is searching for part-time lifeguards for the Wellness Center.
Listed below is the job description for the position. Deadline for applications is July 25, 2014. Applications will be reviewed immediately and accepted until the position is filled. Please submit a cover letter, resume and at least three references to email@example.com. Electronic applications are preferred. If direct mail is required, please send documents to Antioch College, Human Resources, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs OH 45387.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Lifeguards ensure the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. Lifeguards uphold all facility policies and ensure compliance with local and state aquatic facility regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the pool facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Be able to respond to an emergency and contact EMS
- Conduct swim tests for children and maintain log
- Handle all incidents in a manner appropriate to your training
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Perform various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Maintain appropriate daily activity and maintenance reports.
- Communicate and enforce all Wellness Center regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner
- Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the pool facility to the Director or Assistant Director
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings
- Participate in staff trainings
- Remain alert and use all senses while guarding
- Work as a team with other lifeguards during special events
- Test water, record results and report imbalances to the supervisor
- Set up the pool for various activities such as laps, classes, etc.
- Complete injury reports
- Assist Director and Assistant Director in keeping the community informed of pool activities
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- 6 months to 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department.
- Ability to complete routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.