Antioch College is searching for a part time independent contractor to be an aquatics instructor at the Wellness Center.
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
The Aquatics Instructor is responsible for planning, organizing, and safely leading participants through swimming classes. Aquatics Instructor is responsible for teaching swimming skills to participants of various ages and backgrounds, as well as performing the essential duties and responsibilities of a lifeguard while in the pool area. Instructor assures safety of all class participants.
To apply, candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct mail should be sent to: Antioch College, c/o Thomas Brookey, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs, OH 45387. Applications will be reviewed as received and accepted until the position is filled.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES) OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for the safety of the participants in their class
- Be able to respond to an emergency and contact EMS; Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Complete injury reports when needed
- Work scheduled hours which includes beginning and ending class on time; remaining after class to answer participant and/or parent questions as needed, and clean up supplies.
- Instruct and evaluate students participating in swim lessons
- Submit completed report cards, skills sheets and attendance information to front desk upon completion of classes
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions if necessary
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Communicate and enforce all Wellness Center regulations and pool rules in a personable and professional manner
- Communicate any potentially dangerous elements of the facility to the Director/Assistant Director
- Work as a team with lifeguards
- Complete daily activity reports
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Previous aquatic experience is required
- CPR/First Aid/AED and Lifeguard certifications
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification preferred
- Ability to demonstrate skills as required for class content and use teaching aids such as kickboards, paddles, etc.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently
- Possess energy and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of guest service standards and procedures.
- Ability to positively interact with the general public.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.